Monday 21 March 2011

Ugly 20

So yesterday was the peak longest run before tapering into London.

Have you say that was an ugly 20 miles :o)
Lots of issues with my earphones which meant that the tracking kept turning itself off - which meant I ran further than tracked (after last week it over recording distance) - all a bit frustrating.

However! previously when I had same issues I cut run short in contempt. This time I was not going to go short! These last few runs have shown me that mentally I am hardening up and a dogged determination not to stop until the target is there.

Achilles wasn't enjoying the day - I guess constructing the trampoline for the children in the morning, then moving garden waist and bags of compost around the garden wasn't the best preparation. I did decide to run late in the day as I was still feeling the effects of another brutal gym session and also to ensure the children didn't have to wait all day before starting their bouncing.

I cannot judge how my pace will be on the day - seems to vary a lot but 3 weeks to go. So head down and bring it on! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment