Sunday 7 February 2010

6 months to the day..... from 6 minutes to 210...

So to celebrate 6 months to the day I decided to treat myself to a special run and a different venue.
So 7:30 this morning I went to Virginia Water Lake and ran 4 and a half laps....

In all its painful glory that was 21.07 miles in 3hours 31minutes and 29 seconds at an average pace of 10mins 02 per mile and 3,494 calories.....

To give the comparison I started this running thing on August 9th 2009 and ran for 6 minutes at a pace of 15mins per mile....

I may not be a mathematician but that looks like progress to me :o)

So reflected briefly, his adventure has either kept my sanity over a difficult period or has taken my over the edge and this madness feels like normal now. It has taken 25lbs from my belly, meant that I haven't watched over 60 hours of rubbish TV and has moved me closer to being able to finish a marathon and raise a couple of thousand pounds for charity.

The music mix of the day from http://www.groovelectric.com/ included "For Funks Sake"  it's written on my shoes so it seems to sum up many things.

I am sure no one reads this blog and it is a bit self indulgent but it is something for me to look back on, and I think with some pride.

So 70 couple days to go to the marathon - lets see what this adventure has in store....   :o)

dch  February 7th 2010

1 comment:

  1. Result!!! Keep going. . . . . Maybe add the music "Don't stop . . . "

    ReplyDelete