Monday 18 April 2011

One day on....

So yesterday was the London Marathon....

A great day indeed.... the crowds were fab. Makes such a difference when people shout out for you. It is amazing to be in a place of such positivity, whilst also being in a great personal struggle.

My run was mixed, went for it from the off and paid for it in the middle of the race. I had done the miles but not the quality in training. I knew it deep down but come the day well I had to go for it and see... and see I did. The middle 6 to 8 miles were tough.

I was on for a great time but it just drifted away from me - bit hard to see the average pace on my watch show it in real time - sometimes it better not to see it!

Reflecting so soon after the event can sometimes be a "could've, should've, if-only" rant but not for me. The positives from the journey to this years run have been huge. So I had been injured, and I couldn't run at my normal pace - so what! I got out there and towed the line.

The quote of the year for me has been "All it takes is all you have" and yesterday that's exactly what I gave it. :o)

Determination to come back harder is there and my focus now switches to getting the achilles fixed up and then full on for the gym and cross training and interval sessions through the summer.

New shoes arrive today so fresh and new beginnings on this journey .... 

No comments:

Post a Comment