Sunday 25 July 2010

Blown to bits

So the Up Tow Down Half marathon.... I should have known better. Missed too much training for it to be easy!!! So it simply wasn't.
Used some good pacing early on - hovering between 10 and 11 minute miles - nice and steady. Then on my own and then boom - blown to bits. The last 4 miles were pure suffering. A great route along the tow path of the Thames from Eaton to Marlow think it would be better next year when any incline will be down :o)
After the race I thought I was in trouble as I walked back into town - think the heat really did have an effect. 4 pints of fluid in an hour helped recover.... felt harder than all the other races!
Will have to re-evaluate Nottingham, seven weeks to go and not sure I can get enough time on my feet. One thing for certain - I will suffer :o) I must be mad!

No comments:

Post a Comment