Saturday 1 May 2010

From Couch Potato to Deranged Vegetable....


On Sunday 9th August 2009 I started running.
Then Sunday 25th April 2010 I completed the London Marathon....
What a journey !!
Marathon Day was simply a fantastic experience, the run wasn't anything to write home about (5 hours 15mins - so average of 12 minutes a mile) but I completed and thanks to many many great people we have raised over £3000 for a great charity.
So what have I lost over the time - well...... a couple of stone in weight, a couple of toe nails, ran through two pairs of trainers, put my ego away (with so many people ran past me in training and in events :o) there is no place for ego) - so all things that I needed! 
And what have I gained....  memories that money just can't buy, a great sense of achievement, medals (London, Silverstone and Wokingham events), more money for charity than I hoped, the views from the 500 miles I covered in training, a sense of purpose, an outlet for the stress and pressure through some major changes, friends, reconnecting with old friends, the good wishes and support of so many great people and a big hug from all my family!!!  
So ALL GOOD  x1,000,000% 
A BIG BIG THANK YOU EVERYONE.....  and guess what, I want to do it again :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment