Sunday 7 March 2010

7 weeks and counting

So at week 15 of the 22 week plan. Have to say the last couple of weeks I have been the most inconsistent.

Too many distractions which have made going running beyond me. Also haven’t felt on top form so have listened to my body which equally agreed that backing off was the thing to do. Had a running MoT from the family physio which put back, shoulders and hips back into running order.

Went mountain biking yesterday, which again I performed like a cart horse – and visions of a cart horse on a bike about right on this occasion. Really enjoyable but did reinforce the need to do some more upper body strength conditioning – also that I will mix the running with biking through the summer after the marathon.

The school boy mistakes in the Wokingham Half did knock my confidence a bit (although 2hrs 12 was an OK time for me) and with Silverstone Half looming next week the anticipation and butterflies are building…. Which is very strange as it is not like anyone will notice me plod in down the back of the field – but all the same it is a very public private event in my head.

Did start looking at what runs next – the Maidenhead to Marlow tow path HM looks promising and in the back on my mind there is another full marathon in July. But I think we will see what the next 7 weeks offers up.

No comments:

Post a Comment